This week I have officially decided to embark on a big, crazy adventure…training for my 1st MARATHON. Whew, that was hard to say. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I have done one 15K and one half-marathon, but this is MUCH further than I have ever run.
There are several motivating factors that have contributed to this big decision:
First, I have been struggling lately with a true workout routine. I haven’t totally fallen out of regular exercise, but since college, I haven’t stayed consistent. Now, I’m going all in.
Second, winter is tough. Last winter was hard for me emotionally…I think partly because we had recently moved to a new city, but also because the grey, cold days can be such a downer! This training will help my overall mood (most days) and give me motivation to push through to reach my goal.
Third, I want to better acknowledge and be thankful for my body’s abilities. I am quick to criticize and slow to say, “Thank you God for the ability to run and move.”
And finally, because it will feel so good to say, “I’ve run a marathon.” 🙂
Also, since it’s the Oklahoma City Memorial Run benefiting the Oklahoma City National Memorial Foundation, each runner has the opportunity to raise money for the foundation. Follow this link if you would like to make a contribution. Thank you for the support!
Happy Christmas season! Oh how I love the holidays. So much warmth, cheer, and love. Although this time of year is incredibly exciting, it can also bring some serious gift-giving stress as we all want to give the people we love in our lives that perfect present. I’ve put together a list of ideas in case your having trouble.
1) Cutting or Cheese Board — For the entertainer. I like to give things that people wouldn’t necessarily want to splurge on for themselves. I think this totally fits in that category. We received a cheese board as a wedding present and have loved using it to entertain.
2) Event Tickets — Treat someone to a special night out. Think concerts, plays, sporting events, parties, etc. Be sure to check local area websites and national ticket sales sites such as Ticketmaster.
3) Card or Board Game — It’s always nice to have something to do when you gather with family & friends. I know my family specifically has enjoyed many nights laughing & playing games together. Pass along the fun! Here are a couple popular games out right now:
4) Slippers — This one may seem a little weird, but I’m telling you, if you aren’t a slipper wearer, you should be. I received a nice pair of slippers as a Christmas gift last year and I can assure you, they don’t disappoint. And there are many stylish options ;).
5) PortablePowerbank Battery Charger — For the person on-the-go. You can’t go wrong with an extremely useful gift like this.